Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 4, 2010, 3:04 AM   #1
Default Searching for a compact with repeat exposure

To take shots from the wingtip of my hang glider -and avoiding the hassle of remote control- I'd like to buy a digital compact that will take pictures with a chosen interval, like each 20 seconds or so. It would not need to have a lot of features; 4 or 5 Mpx would be plenty and the lens does not need a lot of zoom but it would be nice to have a really wide angle. Of course it should be possible to disengage auto-off. Of course the image should be as good as possible (I do own a Panasonic DMC G1, but I'm not flying with that hanging from my wingtip).

There is no way to search for a camera with this repeat function on the internet, which is why I'm asking here; maybe you happen to know a suitable one. I'd be willing to pay $ 100 to $ 150 (since I'd use the camera for just this purpose, and it would run a certain risk of being damaged...) I might consider a used camera and am looking around in the mean time.

There are video cameras which have photo function as well; that might work as long as they have a repeat function; I'm not very interested in the video option but who knows...

Bart Doets
bdoets is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 4, 2010, 10:28 AM   #2

The Sony HX-5 can take a panorama of 10 single shots in a single second. The feature is called the HSP or hand sweep panorama. However the camera, now selling in the USA for $(US)349 is out of your budgeted range. Here is a photo sample.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote