Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 9, 2010, 6:18 AM   #1
Default Help me to choose the best one

I was looking at buying Canon PowerShot S90 digital camera, but before any purchase I wanna know how the PowerShot SX210 IS compared to the PowerShot S90. I would prefer a camera that perform well in low-light conditions and have fast shutter speed. Well, I have found a good B&H Photo Video deal on PowerShot S90 at http://www.dealrocker.com. Can anyone shed some light on PowerShot SX210 IS.

Thanks in advance.
alicefred is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 9, 2010, 11:02 AM   #2

The Canon SX-210 has not yet arrived on dealer's shelves, and there has been no professional reviews of the SX-210 here in the USA. So the camera, other than it specification sheet, is sort of one big question mark.

We do know that: the S-90 and the SX-210 have entirely different form factors, that the S-90 is highly and favorably reviewed, and that we have no professional performance reviews of the SX-210.We know that recently the review on the 14mp ZS7 was negative because of reduced image quality due to increase mps.

So it appears that we are going to have to wait a bit longer for more performance information on the Canon SX-210. You can however, rest assured that the S-90 model is an excellent choice.

Here is a UK review of the SX-210:http://www.photographyblog.com/revie...210_is_review/

Sarah Joyce

Last edited by mtclimber; Apr 9, 2010 at 11:22 AM.
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2010, 5:45 PM   #3

In the point and shoot market, the s90 is currently the best in low light. It shears the G11 sensor. Which is one of the biggest in the point and shoot market. Here are some members sample photo of the s90 in low light.

Night Shot
Super Frequent Flyer, no joke. Ex Patriot and loving it.
Canon Eos 60D, T1i/500D, Eos1, Eos 630, Olympus EPL-1, and a part time Pentax K-X shooter.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2010, 11:20 PM   #4

Thanks for you advice..
alicefred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2010, 11:44 PM   #5
Super Moderator

i concur, in that if low-light is your priority, you need not look further than the S90. and even without professional reviews available yet, the 14mp crammed on that small sensor will ensure it won't handle low-light as well as the less dense and higher sensitivity 10mp sensor of the s90.

easy choice, enjoy your S90
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote