Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 13, 2010, 11:21 AM   #1
Default Camera for grandma?

I need some help with this one. Grandma has a birthday coming up and the camera she has right now is *crap*(kodak easyshare pink something or other). She mostly takes outdoor photos of the kids and dogs in the yard, but even with lots of sun, they come out horribly horribly grainy.

She also gets easily confused with options. What is something that can give me very few options(though need video to stay) with really good quality action shots for around $150?
SDIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 13, 2010, 11:47 AM   #2

You might want to take a look at the Samsung SL-420 camera. 12mp, 5X optical zoom. It is capable of good image quality both outdoors and indoors with flash, as long as you stay no more than 9 to 10 feet distance from camera to subject. It also has standard video and sells for around $110. The only weak point is that the LCD washes out somewhat in direct sunlight and there is no optical view finder.

Another option is the Canon SD-1200 which has been selling for around $155. Only 3X optical zoom, but it is one of the few cameras in today's camera market that does have an optical view finder. Good image quality, standard video.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote