Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 28, 2010, 9:27 AM   #1
Default Hi need advice/recommendation for a camera

Hi there this is my first post on here. Needed advice on what camera to get. I've done a huge amount of research on the best digital camera to get, just a little stumped on a choice. Narrowed it down to the Panasonic FZ38. Then read about the Fuji HS10 which I'm thinking of as well! Specially as it has a very long zoom. Then seen the rave reviews for the Sony HX5 and now I'm just confused! lol.

I like the FZ38 for the long zoom bit concerned about picture quality though as I have seen some shots its taken and it does have some noise even though its had rave reviews, HS10 have only seen one review of it and the sony obviously had good reviews. Other thing is, will there be a successor to the FZ38 coming out very soon? At the moment the price tag is attractive at 240 from amazon. But didn't want to buy it if there is a better model coming along or just take advantage of the price.

I want something that takes really decent shots whatever the situation and is good for low light shots.

I did look at SLR's but felt its a bit too much work as I don't want the hassle of changing lenses etc. as I'm not an expert. Just want something that is point and shoot but have a little control hence why I looked at bridge cameras.

Any help will be appreciated, as well as any recommendations.
DJ Syxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 29, 2010, 10:59 AM   #2

Welcome to the Forum. We're delighted you dropped by.

The Fuji HS-10 is shaping up to be a very competent camera which has more low light capabilities than the FZ-35/38 as well as a nice wide angle and a long zoom.

It does require some photographic skills to get the very best from the HS-10 as you have probably seen looking at the the Fuji P+S folder.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote