Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 4, 2010, 7:00 PM   #1
Default help, just bought the ZS3 and can't see the LCD screen in sunlight

I've never had a camera without a viewfinder before. I got the Panasonic ZS3 today and in certain angles of sunlight all I see is my own reflection. Holding my hand over the LCD makes no difference, so I doubt those little screen shades will work. I'm stunned. Please tell me this isn't just the way they are? I can't use this camera outdoors in sunlight like that, and I shoot mostly outdoors in sunlight. Am I doing something wrong, is this a problem with the ZS3 and are there any cameras in the class (ZS7, Canon 210, etc, that don't have this problem?) This is supposed to be a travel camera for outdoors photography, surely there is some camera in this class that you can actually use in sunlight.
LEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 4, 2010, 7:25 PM   #2

Check the Menus in Normal Program. There're a couple of LCD settings to increase the brillance.
Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2010, 7:45 PM   #3

I wear a cap and glasses. when it's really bright i bring the camera under the brim and look over my glasses. looks funny to others but works for me.
frank-in-toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2010, 7:46 PM   #4

Also, I've read that a number of people have purhased Boxwave antiglare (boxwave.com) screen protectors which they say makes it easier to see the screen on the ZS3 in very bright light. I have one for my FZ35 and it seems to work ok, but I think it does seem to make the screen a little grainy and I tend to use the view finder anyway. Some people seem to really like them for the ZS3, though.
Jazzer251 is offline   Reply With Quote