Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 8, 2010, 7:33 AM   #1
Default Replacement for Sony HX1

Does anyone know if Sony is releasing a replacement for the HX1 and if so when? Since it has been out for a year I don't want to buy it and find that the new model is out in the next 3 months. There are 3 reason I like it, 20x zoom, low light shooting and 10 frame second burst.
wrickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 8, 2010, 10:13 AM   #2

Welcome to the Forum. We're delight that you dropped by.

The Sony HX1 was introduced in May 2009. Sony has been using a 15 month introduction cycle, so that would mean that a replacement will be due in late Summer 2010. With the prices dropping lately on the HX1, that would seem to reinforce the replacement cycle theory.

However, you must keep in mind that the HX1 replacement will be selling at full list price for 4 to 6 months, which would make the existing HX1 camera something of a "best buy."

Check out our Sony P+S folder where we have a "First Impressions of the Sony HX1 Camera" thread complete with sample photos and comments.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2010, 3:43 AM   #3

I have the HX1 and think it's an excellent camera (and would buy it again) with a lot in it's locker (video is very very good too). However I wouldn't buy it specifically for the 10 fps as the quality and size of the photos drops significantly in relation to what the camera can normally produce. Otherwise great camera.
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2010, 7:57 AM   #4

Guys how about SONY DSC-HX5V/B ?

I have checked and seems like a great compact cam with lot of features of SLR's.

I have SONY DSC W-5 already for last 5 years but having some problems (as somone dropped it, even after repair it's not reliable)

Last edited by hardy113; May 20, 2010 at 8:01 AM.
hardy113 is offline   Reply With Quote