Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 19, 2010, 1:35 AM   #11

Originally Posted by careyjr3 View Post
Also, it says one feature of this camera is multiple exposures? Doesn't that make it easier to do HDR?

And do you think the ZS5 is just as good as the ZS7? What is that difference?
The features are the primary differences. Check here.

If there is something similar to the FZ35 only smaller, that's probably what I'll get, otherwise I think it's between the Fuji or the Zs5.............
You want what we all want but it doesn't exist. There is not a camera in existence that fits all of those criteria. The pocket superzooms are not good in low-light due to their small sensors. The HX5V is better than most in low-light (but certainly not great) but it doesn't meet your zoom requirements nor does it have full manual controls and the noise problem is in the opposite direction (too much NR). The Panasonic ZS series are not good in low-light, their stitch assist feature sucks and the HDR scene mode is simply a software trick. The Fuji falls short on your zoom requirement and I don't think it has a panorama feature at all.

With that out of the way, I think Sarah Joyce's recommendation of the Fuji 70EXR is your best bet. There is a bit of a learning curve but it comes closest to meeting your requirements.
Disclaimer: I take photos of life rather than live to take photos and my opinions of cameras are reflected accordingly.
FiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2010, 2:12 AM   #12

olympus epl-1 if you get the panny 45-200mm lens. And it does have pano stitch assist. Good bokum, way better noise and good iso performance

But the FZ35 is a good choice.
Super Frequent Flyer, no joke. Ex Patriot and loving it.
Canon Eos 60D, T1i/500D, Eos1, Eos 630, Olympus EPL-1, and a part time Pentax K-X shooter.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote