Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 3, 2010, 10:35 AM   #31

It may be possible that HX5V is available in Delhi grey market(if it's in Hyderabad) but I never purchased any product through this channel.I have heard they don't give reciept,gurantee etc and it's unreliable channel.

What is your experience about the grey market? You have any idea when HX5V may be available in showrooms?[/QUOTE]

Hi Hardy..In grey market u will not get the company warranty .Most of the time shopkeeper will give his own shop warranty that to repair only for 1 year .. Other wise if u compare the quality there is no difference ..Both are same .. Because in Grey market the cameras will directly come from Singapore so tax is not included .. That is why u will find up to 30 percent price difference .. As recently i purchased sony w360 from grey market .. it is working very well .Sony showroom price is 13600 for W360 and grey market is 9200 rs ..
Initially i was about to purchase this sony H55 camera .. I was bit confused between Sony H20 and H55 ..When i checked H55 in shop ,Frankly i was not happy .. and more over Sony H55 is having mixed reviews from the users ..Recently i ordered for Panasonic TZ7 for 14000rs in grey market only ..it is about to come in this week only ..
u ur self check some photographs in flickr to compare h55,wx1 and w380 .,
But i will go for Sony WX1 .
sandeepsaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2011, 3:48 PM   #32

Hey guys...

I am back.So we have SONY WX5 and WX7 available now, so which is better in terms of pic quality specially night mode?

Also WX9/10 is still not available here but is it any worth to wait till its available?

I need to finalize this within few days.
hardy113 is offline   Reply With Quote