Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 21, 2010, 8:23 AM   #1
Default samsung sl720 or samsung tl105

Both cameras are the same price so that is not a factor. The only really big thing that is missing from the tl105 is optical stabilization. My old sony h1 has it and I find it works well. I'm hesitant to get a camera without it. Other than that I don't see too much difference. Any thought? I want the samsungs because this is for my son who has acne and I thought the "beauty shot" would help a lot. Is there another camera out there with this kind of fix or effect that I might consider?
bucky0926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 21, 2010, 10:22 AM   #2
Super Moderator

the SL720 is definitely the better choice with the optical stabilization. It actually is well specced camera for the price. I am not really aware if a beauty type shot is available on other models as it is something I never looked for, but it could be, it may be under other names like "smooth skin" etc.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2010, 9:34 AM   #3

Yes, the SL720 is the better camera for sure. Most users are pleased with the camera. However, you must keep in mind that this is a low priced camera, and it is not going to perform like a $350.00 camera.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2010, 11:05 PM   #4

Yep I'm aware of its limitations. Its for my 14 yr old so it doesn't have to be heavy duty. At 129 dollars from call one on amazon seems like a pretty good deal. Because it shoots hd video would I be better off getting a sdhc class 6 or class 10 card?
bucky0926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2010, 11:12 PM   #5

A class 6 is all you need with HD. You really will not see any gain with a class 10 as the buffers on point and shoots are so small, and do not have high burst rate. But if the difference is ont 1 or 2 dollar, get the class 10 for the heck of it.

IS does help out in video, and it is more apparent.
Super Frequent Flyer, no joke. Ex Patriot and loving it.
Canon Eos 60D, T1i/500D, Eos1, Eos 630, Olympus EPL-1, and a part time Pentax K-X shooter.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote