Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 26, 2010, 9:03 AM   #1
Default Suggestions: fix the Z3 or look for new non-SLR camera

Hi forum!

I've been reading recommendations and reviews, but cannot seem to find what I'm looking for and now am quite confused. I'm looking for decent macro and good in low-light. I like the idea of a wide angel as well. I have a Minolta Z3, but it finally died (won't even power on with new batteries). I loved the macro features, but it gave me issues in low-light situations. I'm definitely an amateur, however . I'm not sure if I should fix the Z3 or buy a new camera.

Thoughts? If new, I need something around the $300 mark or so. Also, I'm in Canada. Any suggestions?

This is probably fairly broad, but I don't know what else to add. Please feel free to ask me questions

Thank you in advance for any and all help!
MelissaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 26, 2010, 9:33 AM   #2

Yes, indeed we are going to need a bit more information to help you with your situation.The K/M Z-3 is outdated and broken, so it is very doubtful that it is worth fixing.

Good macro features are easy to understand, but it is "the low light situations" that we need to know more about. What ISO setting would you normally use in a low light situation? ISO 400, ISO 800, or ISO 1600?

Is camera size a priority to you? Is HD video a priority?

At first glance (until we finalize the low light, size, and video questions) something like the Panasonic ZS1 might work well for you.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote