Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 1, 2010, 5:31 AM   #1
Default Which one to choose from Sony DSC HX1 and Canon SX20 IS

Please suggest me from Canon SX 20 IS and Sony DSC HX1 (also any other bridge camera within the same range).

I have read many of your answer point that these are due for replacement but the replacement would sell at its full price, which would exceed my budget.

Awaiting your reply. Thanks.
devang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 1, 2010, 9:55 AM   #2

Welcome to the Forum. Both the Canon SX-20 and the Sony HX-1 are good, but out dated cameras. I have a long standing record with super zoom cameras and have owned just about all of them. You see, I currently own over 110 cameras. If you asked me this same question, my answer would be to look elsewhere and to not seriously consider the SX-20 or the HX-1 as technology has changed since they were introduced.

Instead take a look at the Panasonic FZ-35 or FZ-38. They are indeed the same camera but the models do differ around the world. The Fz-35 (the camera that is generally most available in India) is a full featured, user friendly camera that has HD video where you can zoom while filming, dual channel sound, image stabilization and is samller than the SX-20.

You might want to take a good look at the FZ-35. if you want to reduce your costs, a used camera such as the Panasonic FZ-28 is also an option.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2010, 3:29 AM   #3

Thanks Sarah,

I am looking into the review and planning to go to a nearby store to check the recommendation.

devang is offline   Reply With Quote