Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 25, 2010, 6:22 PM   #1
Default Comparison- Olympus 590 users reply..

Hello All, I am new to the forum and have been lurking for awhile reading the reviews. I have an Olympus 550 that has been reliable and tough with pretty good picture quality (for me). I have been looking at the Olympus 590 ( I have a long history with them having an OM2 D SLR from the 70's) and I am having difficulty comparing the 590 and the fuji HS 10. If you have owned both the 550 and 590 olympus, is the image quality improved in the 590? And from anyone out there, based on image quality,is the 590 or hs 10 superior? Thanks so much and I must say that this forum has sooo much information that I am glad i found it! Tim
lifewithoutparole is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 25, 2010, 6:58 PM   #2

I have owned all the Olympus models you name plus the 570. The 590 is the only Olympus camera I ever downgraded from back to the 570. I had a serious love affair with the SP570... until the HS-10. While the SP570 is an excellent camera, the HS-10 is the hands-down winner. Be advised, however, the HS-10 does need a little time to get to know. When/if you decide to go with HS-10, do yourself a favor and learn it before you make any hasty decisions (read as "take it back for a refund"). You'll be glad you did.
Gary ---- "The best camera is the one you have with you."
Pentax K-3 ~ Panasonic FZ1000 ~ Panasonic ZS40
My Gallery

Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote