Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 13, 2010, 12:34 PM   #21

I bought my Sony A-550 from what is called the "gray" market. I bought a new never opened unit from an eBay store that liquidates overstocks. After asking here if anyone saw an issue with buying in this manner I contacted Sony USA before the purchase and was told that I could buy an extended warranty but my first year of warranty would be carried out by Sony in the UK. (after delivery and full disclosure on my part regarding the origins of the camera SonyStyle USA did sell me the warranty)

Originally Posted by Elmojunior
Hmmm, guess I hit a nerve here...

Maybe the "big box" stores get better in communities of over 100,000 population but here you can forget finding anything for a DSLR because they do not stock cameras much less supplies. I drug my wife out three Saturday's in a row (the woman has the patients of a saint). Over six hundred miles in total and could not find a DSLR bag in any of the stores. Best Buy in Lufkin had a Sony 2xx series with a dropped lens and the Target store in Beaumont had one Cannon body with no lens as the lens had been stolen. These were the only two DSLR anything we saw in any of the stores. I have to drive the better part of three hours each way to go to a real camera shop. I would gladly pay more for items if someone had them for me to buy.

Old Boat Guy is offline   Reply With Quote