Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 13, 2010, 12:33 PM   #1
Default Which point and shoot for casual photos?

Hey guys, just stopping by for some advice here. I know a good deal about computers, but not much at all about cameras!

Anyways. A friend is thinking of buying the Cannon Powershot SD4000. Not necessarily from newegg, just put up a link for reference. I'm sure it's a pretty good point and shoot camera... But I know for technology the difference between higher end and the middle spectrum isn't always justified by the increase in price.

This would be used mostly at college for casual photos of a college club that does a lot of volunteer stuff indoors and outdoors. Just photos to document our activities, basically facebook photos. Also will be used for personal use of course...

We're looking for a point and shoot that is relatively compact. Now I would imagine something in the $100-$200 range is the sweet spot. Seems like you'll get good performance in this area without spending to much. For example my sister has a Nikon Coolpix S3000 and it does a good job and takes care of everything she needs. Something like that would be perfect I would imagine.

What's your opinion on this and what would be some suggested cameras in the $100-$200 range?

Dezixn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 13, 2010, 1:59 PM   #2

Welcome to the Forum. We're pleased you dropped by.

One of the best choices in the $100 to $200 range is the Kodak Z-950 price at $135.99 at www.amazon.com. It offers a lot: 10X optical zoom, a well powered built-in flash unit, and HD video as well. IMO that would be the best bang for the buck.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote