Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 18, 2010, 5:58 AM   #1
Default Panny FZ35 vs. Fuji F70exr or something else

Newbie here. I need advice on what camera should i get. I like the FZ35's zoom & video while the Fuji excels in low light. I will use the camera for travel, indoor, occasional low light and kids activity. I am a beginner and don't know much about camera setting but i'm willing to learn. Thanks in advance.
kewl_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 18, 2010, 10:46 AM   #2

Welcome to the Forum. We pleased that you dropped by.

The FZ-35 would be the better choice for both zoom and video. It is a very user friendly camera. We also have a large group of FZ-35 users in our Panasonic P+S folder. There you will find lots of photo sample and photo tips. The FZ-35 is capable of operating at ISO 800 and still maintaining its image quality.

You should also know that Panasonic will be announcing in the next 3 weeks or so a replacement model to the FZ-35. The more advanced model, that retains the current 18X optical zoom, or close to it will be the FZ-40, it is rumored. The more advanced model with 30X optical zoom, is supposed to be called the FZ-100. The new models, naturally will sell for more $$ than the current price of $310 to $320 on the FZ-35.

The Fuji F-70EXR is a very good camera for the right person. The EXR system takes many, constant, small adjustments to get the best performance from the camera. It does not sound like that is something that you would want to do.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote