Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 20, 2010, 1:16 PM   #1
Default A good camera for facebook

hi i'm looking for a good camera for upload photos to my facebook. i've been seeing photo samples but they are all about compositions or scenes, landscapes etc.

i didn't see any photo about social stuff, i mean taking photos to a group of people, partying, you know facebook stuff.

it has to be pocket and record videos on HD

shoot21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 20, 2010, 3:30 PM   #2

I'm not sure what you are asking about. I don't think there are any cameras specifically for Facebook?

Are you referring to a camera to take party pics?
camvard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2010, 3:33 PM   #3

Just about any camera will do, since facebook's thumbnails are pretty small. The mode you are looking for is probably a portrait mode, or interior. Depending on the camera, you might have to experiment a bit to see what mode works best in your particular situation and application.

Canon, Nikon, Panasonic, Kodak are all good and have a wide variety of price ranges.

My wife likes her 7 year old Kodak 4MP camera - with the duck tape holding the battery in. She hates her the new one and refuses to use it. For web postings, litterally anything will do......

There are really no real poor cameras - they are all pretty good, so finding one that appeals to you and fits in your pocket and budget, are the important things.

interested_observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2010, 4:43 PM   #4
Super Moderator

yea, pretty much any pocket cam with hd video will work just fine for the high compression small photos on facebook.

even an iphone 4 would do just fine for that
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote