Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 21, 2010, 10:07 PM   #1
Default K-7 ?

Always enjoyed taking photos and recently i picked up the k-x in a bundle with the 55 300 lens.. I tend to do the family get together photos and my sons sporting events. My ? is the k7 worth the jump in price to do sporting events and casual photo shooting and is the shutter speed any faster? Thanks for the help..
BiGTooT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 22, 2010, 7:31 AM   #2

k7 increases your max shutter speed to 1/8000th of a second but realistically your not even going to need the 1/6000th of a second from your kx very often anyway - far better to lower the iso and go with a slower shutter speed since the difference in 1/6000th of a second and 1/1000th of a second for most things is negliable

the kx also has better high iso performance than the k-7 so for when your struggling to get a fast enough shutter speed and need to increase the iso the k-x will serve you better

where the k7 is better is in build quality and ergonomics etc - its easier to get to and use all the options etc with dedicated buttons etc - also has a higher MP count so have more room to crop images and of course has weather sealing for those wet or dusty days

i dont think there is really much point in upgrading now better to wait and see what the new k-5 will offer - rumours abound but is mostly likely going to have better or as good high iso as the k-x and probably 16mp and i'm personally hoping for a faster autofocus performance specially in low light/low contrast scenes
Pentax-DA 12-24mm f4 | Pentax-DA* 16-50mm f2.8 | Pentax-A 50mm f1.4 | Tamron 90mm f2.8 Macro | Pentax-DA* 60-250mm f4 | Sigma 150-500mm
Pentax Photo Gallery
John.Pattullo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2010, 9:07 AM   #3

Thank you i will adjust and see what i come up with..
BiGTooT is offline   Reply With Quote