Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 22, 2010, 4:56 PM   #1
Default So confused

For over a week I have been checking out cameras and I am more confused than ever.
I currently own a Powershot SD850 IS, which has been a nice little camera, but won't keep up for what I need.

What I want:
A camera that takes good indoor/low light pictures.
Is fast for taking pics of children. My current camera does not take good or fast enough pics of our grandson.
I would like to stay under $200.
I tend to take most pictures inside and of people and pets.

I have read that the KODAK EASYSHARE Z915 may be what I am looking for, but I do enjoy reading this forum and value any opinions.
lionhart2405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 22, 2010, 5:46 PM   #2

in low light, it is a really hard place for a point and shoot camera to perform. The best low light point and shoots are is the 300 dollar range and up, like the canon s90 or panasonic lx3 and lx5, and couple of others. But they will limit you on reach with the zoom, 4x is about it. You can offset it with using a flash. But that brings in flash washing issues. So do not mind and some hate it.

But the other issues is action shots. The AF system are not good enough to keep up with fast moving kids. You can get lucky at times with them.

To be honest, I do not think you will fine a point and shoot that can fully meet your requirements.
Super Frequent Flyer, no joke. Ex Patriot and loving it.
Canon Eos 60D, T1i/500D, Eos1, Eos 630, Olympus EPL-1, and a part time Pentax K-X shooter.

Last edited by shoturtle; Aug 22, 2010 at 6:39 PM.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2010, 6:33 PM   #3

As long as we understand that any P+S camera will have a problem with moving (most any rapid actions) that children do, the Kodak Z-915 is a good snapshot camera that will serve you well. We have 2 Z-915 cameras in our household with 5 adults and teens actively using them with excellent results. The Z-915 cameras are great snapshot cameras.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2010, 6:50 PM   #4

TY Sarah Joyce. Yes, of course no camera can be perfect and I know that's especially the case with a P+S. Thanks for helping me decide.
Thanks to Shoturtle, too.
Such a nice and helpful group on here.
lionhart2405 is offline   Reply With Quote