Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 28, 2010, 1:32 AM   #1
Default Camera with a viewfinder

I am looking for some feedback as to a point and shoot with a viewfinder. hopefully 10.0 or better. Fuji, Sony, Canon, Olympus?? I have some good camera's like an Olympus 5060 5 megapix but want something to make large prints from and with my eyes going on 65 yrs. I just have so much trouble with my Canon SX110 IS...on a sunny day you cannot see the viewing area unless I put a black bag over my head. What is the matter with the camera makers??? I know the more they cram into the body the more they have to leave out. So leave out the 3" tv in the back.
mikesam4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 28, 2010, 1:40 AM   #2

With the viewfinder, are you open for a electronic one. If not, the canon G11 or G10. They have VF, but it only gives you about 75% of the frame. This is a jacket pocket size camera.

If you are looking for a compact camera, it will be really tough to find one. There is only couple the canon sd 780 and sd 1200 and a1100 , very small VF and crop view of what the sensor about 75% of the actually view.

If you are open for and electronic viewfinder. You will have more options. In the megazoom +12x zooms, you have the panasonics FZ series, the new canon SX20, fuji HS10 and a bunch of others.
Super Frequent Flyer, no joke. Ex Patriot and loving it.
Canon Eos 60D, T1i/500D, Eos1, Eos 630, Olympus EPL-1, and a part time Pentax K-X shooter.

Last edited by shoturtle; Aug 28, 2010 at 3:15 AM.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote