Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 2, 2010, 8:58 AM   #11

Bill you've probably already ordered, but you will require the DMW-LA3 adapter also so you can mount the LC-55 on the FZ35. It's a 55.8mm X 55mm adapter and other companies make it as well for cheaper than Panasonic...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2010, 7:34 PM   #12
Location: In mountainous California or Arizona or Guatemala or somewhere.

Originally Posted by Hards80 View Post
the Raynox 250 i mentioned would probably be overkill for this, the 2 diopter panasonic would be enough, or if you went with raynox the 150 would be easier to work with too.
This is a FYI: Raynox and other closeup adapters are numbered by their focal lengths, so a DCR-250 is 250mm, etc. Diopters are calculated as the inverse of the focal length, in meters. So an an xx500 is 1000/500 = +2 dpt, xx250 is 1000/250 = +4 dpt, xx150 is 1000/150 = +6.66 dpt, and xx55 is 1000/55 = +18.2 dpt (where xx is whatever prefix the lensmakers uses). More +diopters means more magnification and closer work. For the math involved, see the Wikipedia entries on DIOPTER and MAGNIFICATION. Basically, diopters are additive, and small +diopter adapters have little effect on short lenses, such as those on P&S cams.
Too many film+digi cams+lenses, oh my -- Pentax K20D, ZX-M, M42's, P&S's, more
The opposite of LIBERAL is not CONSERVATIVE, but ENSLAVED.
RioRico is offline   Reply With Quote