Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 2, 2010, 7:55 AM   #1
Default Camera for Both Stills and Video.

Hi there! I'm going to say that while I know very little about cameras, I'm not completely ignorant.

I'm looking for a camera that can take good quality video as well as good quality stills. I would put more emphasis on the video side though.

My total budget is about $1500 but I need to factor in any other lenses or expenses that may come with the camera so I don't think I want to spend much over $1100 on the camera itself.

It is important for the video to have good indoor quality. Audio is also important, but it would be acceptable to just have an audio-in jack so that I can connect my own microphone.

I am looking for a camera that I can have for a long time. Thank you for your help.

PS. the camera that I am currently researching is the Panasonic DMC G2
AmoABulla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 2, 2010, 4:35 PM   #2

On the video the canon T12, panasonic G2 are very good for it. But the new Sony A33 and A55 looks to be a very good option also but will be a bit expensive as it is new. And we are only going on early samples.

But what kind of photo do you talk, it will help know it down on which model would be best.
Super Frequent Flyer, no joke. Ex Patriot and loving it.
Canon Eos 60D, T1i/500D, Eos1, Eos 630, Olympus EPL-1, and a part time Pentax K-X shooter.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote