Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 23, 2010, 9:57 AM   #1
Default Oly Tough 6020 at $199

I just found this camera at $199 locally at a warehouse club. I need an everyday carry camera, and a rugged camera is a great idea.

However, I am not a diver, and I might take a disposable camera on a couple of float trips a year. I have read that the Oly Tough series are slightly inferior in image quality.

I could always pick up a cheaper camera (Canon A495, Sony W310) for daily snapshots. My other camera is a Kx.

My question is this - will I, as a novice, notice a difference in image quality, and is there another rugged camera that deserves my money (I did reference the other thread, and I think the consensus was Panasonic and Sony).
Luke Stepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 23, 2010, 1:20 PM   #2

Personally, I have not had good luck with the Olympus Tough Series cameras and I have found the image quality to be much less than desired.

If you want a "tough" camera Sony comes first, followed by Panasonic.

If you just want to reduce the price of the camera, the kodak Z-915 with 10X optical zoom, both auto and manual controls, and high reviews from the professionals and the users, then the Z-915 will save you some $$.

There are a number of Forum Readers that use the Z-915, including myself, that think highly of the camera.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2010, 2:28 PM   #3

Thanks for the advice.
Luke Stepp is offline   Reply With Quote