Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 28, 2010, 2:19 PM   #1
Default Help with purchasing replacement camera

I just had my Canon SX10 stolen last weekend and I'm looking for a new one. I figure I should upgrade a bit even if it's just a little.

Most of my shots are of my dogs at the beach, so I'd like fast frames per second than the Canon offered. I also take macros, night shots, landscapes, and shots of the moon, so I'd also like a super zoom for that. I really don't want to move into the DSLR's as I would like to be below $500 and not be weighed down by having to mess with lenses.

I have narrowed it down between the Fuji HS10, Nikon P100 or the Panasonic FZ100. For now I have counted out the Canons as I want more fps.

Of these cameras, do you have any favorites or should I eliminate one right off the list?

Logansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 28, 2010, 6:04 PM   #2

This just my personal opinion, but I would consider the Canon SX-20, first. With the SX-30 announced, the price on the SX-20 should begin to drop measurable.That way you would get a good buy and have a very familar menu format to work with in you new camera.

I would also consider the Panasonic FZ 40/45 model. It is small and lighter and offers 24X optical zoom versus the 20X optical zoom available on the SX-20. I would not consider the Nikon P-100 as it has not received good user or professional reviews. The HS-10 and FZ-100 are more pricey and more complex, so a decision there should be based on your photographic experience.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote