Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 29, 2010, 8:06 AM   #1
Default which camera along with DSLR?

I have t2i, i need a compact camera too beside my evil, curretly i am the edge of acquiring ixus 130 do you recommend any?
imut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 29, 2010, 9:59 AM   #2

Just for the record: your Canon T-2i is a DSLR camera not an EVIL (Electronic Viewfinder Interchangeable Lens) camera. Any number of cameras could be a proper choice as a companion camera to your DSLR camera. Some possibilities are: Canon S-90/S-95, G-11/G12, or SX-130. The advantage of the G-11/G-12 choice is that your T-2i and the companion camera could share the same external flash unit.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2010, 10:21 AM   #3
Super Moderator

hey imut.

you didn't mention a budget here. i will focus on the smaller compacts since i am guessing you want the smallest possible companion?

if price is not a problem. the best choice would be the Canon s95, its the larger 1/1.7 sensor and does high ISO better than most compacts as well as shooting in raw and full manual controls. It offers a few upgrades, namely HD video and improved jog dial over the S90. The S90 is still a very capable camera offering similar still image quality without the hd video, and can be had cheaper than the s95.

another option not mentioned before was the SD4000/IXUS 300. It doesn't have the larger 1/1.7 sensor of the s90, but it is still a more modest 10mp which helps keep sensor densities lower and offers decent high ISO performance and all around good performance in normal light, and HD video.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2010, 4:15 PM   #4

Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post

Just for the record: your Canon T-2i is a DSLR camera not an EVIL ...
I believe he has an EVIL as well as a T2i.

Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote