Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 3, 2010, 8:23 PM   #21

I'm dropping the DSLR idea... I just posted a new thread with my current debate on p&s models if you'd be so kind as to weigh in. Thanks
kaaryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2010, 4:59 AM   #22

Originally Posted by kaaryn View Post
I'm not sure where my other post disappeared to... it seems to be lost in cyber la-la land....

I took a look at the KX and it looks awesome, I love that it's red, but it's way too much $$$ for me right now (like I said, I'm really reluctant to spend $700-800). I'm hoping to land in the $500 area at most especially since I'll have to get a bag etc for it (not going to fit in my little pouch!).

I did go on to Amazon.ca and Future Shop and found a surprising number of cameras in my price range that seem to offer what I'm looking for. I posted the list in the post that hasn't materialized yet but will I assume appear in its proper place a few posts back. I was really surprised to actually see the Canon EOS Rebel XS within my price range, as well as Olympus SP-800UZ, Fuji Finepix S1600 and HS10, Kodak Z981, Pentax X90, and the Canon SX20IS. The Nikon D3000 also fits in there, albeit at the upper end.

Say I take the gym factor out of this. Because I can live with it if I can't take amazing pictures of my kids' soccer practise right now, and I can just say that I will need to upgrade sometime down the road to have a camera that will do the extra-amazing things for me. Will any of these meet the rest of what I'm looking for?

The af system the the issue with all the point and shoot that you are considering. You will not be able to keep up with the soccer shots. As they do not have a system that will be able to keep up. You can get luck with the prefocus and wait for the action to come into the area you focus on. But you will not be able to track the action then shoot.

watch movies online
daviddwilson is offline   Reply With Quote