Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 13, 2010, 9:09 AM   #1
Default Panasonic DMC-TZ3 picture inconsistencies

My wife has a 4 year old Panasonic DMC-TZ3 point and shoot camera. The camera shoots very good pictures outside. The problem is when she shoots indoor photos, It tends to display alot of shawdows when using the flash, also if she takes a group photo inside,some people look good but some of the people actually look sickly. we have taken this camera to Ritz camera shop four different times hoping that they could help us. They reset some of the functions and tell us to give it a shot. We do but the same problem has existed ever since we have owned it. This camera has never been dropped or mishandeled. can some one please help me. I am on the verge of just buying another point and shoot. my wife is leaning towards a canon camera that shoots good pictures inside and outside with a zoom lens and operates in the automatic mode. Thank you
deepsea29c is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 13, 2010, 9:36 AM   #2
Super Moderator

Do you have some samples that you can share as this will likely help with finding the solution?
Any problems with a post or thread please use the report button at the bottom left of the post and the team will help sort it out.

Have fun everyone!

See what I'm up to visit my Plymouth Wedding Photography
site or go to my blog.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2010, 11:13 AM   #3

Google "avoid flash shadows" for some tips. The design of the camera plays a role but there is nothing actually wrong with the camera based on the information in your post.

As for people looking sickly, that sounds like a white balance issue. Are you using a white balance preset or trying to use auto white balance?
Disclaimer: I take photos of life rather than live to take photos and my opinions of cameras are reflected accordingly.
FiveO is offline   Reply With Quote