Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 20, 2010, 4:41 PM   #1
Default Point and Shoot, Affordable but Tolerable

I've asked this question a few times, but now I'm ready to purchase a camera and want to hear your suggestions one last time. Here are my requirements:

1) Affordable P & S to keep in the truck and carry while on the job. Tough is a bonus, but it does not have to be one of the "waterproof/shockproof" models (those tend to be too pricey)
2) Wide angle would be great, but not a necessity
3) AA batteries are good (b/c) they can be found everywhere I go. However, a power inverter in the truck will solve the battery issue.
4) Quality is not my #1 concern for my work photos. However, I will have this camera with me a good bit and will be taking photos of my two young kids. I have recently purchased a DSLR and am in the learning process with this camera and will probably take some family photos if it is handy.

What can you recommend?

Luke Stepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 20, 2010, 6:56 PM   #2

Well, Luke-

We have been down this road at least two times before. The two lowest cost options are: a refurbished Canon A480 which is on sale at Beach Camera for $69.95, or a Kodak Z915 also on sale at Staples. When you purchase the Kodak Z915 for $99.95, they give you a $25 Staples gift certificate. Both are very good cameras. We have a number of people on the Forum who use the Z915, and I personally also have the A480 which I lend out to the kids.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2010, 5:22 AM   #3

ditto on the z915. i have one as a second camera, and it's really quite decent.
pcake is offline   Reply With Quote