Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 25, 2010, 2:24 AM   #1
Default Canon SX210 IS or Canon SX20 IS

I have to buy a point and shoot camera and I have zeroed in on 3 models... Sony DSC H55, Canon SX130 IS, and Nikon L110... but am little confused as to which one would be the best for my need.
Actually I would like a camera with good zoom as I like clicking nature but quallity and clarity of photographs remains the most important factor as I would be using it indoor too to click pictures of my growing kids and picnics/trips etc.
I know that Sony H55 offer only 10X zoom while Canon SX130 IS offers 12X and Nikon L110 does 15 X
But I have no idea about the comparative picture quality of these models...
Specs-wise, Nikon L110 appears the choice but from some sources, I get a feeling that Nikon doesn't offer as good a picture quality (except in DSLR)...
Sony H55 and Canon SX 130 IS probably have better picture quality but are they SIGNIFICANTLY better than Nikon L110 in terms of picture quality...???
I have also read that Nikon has problems in shooting in low-light and that indoor shooting would have this problem even during the daytime?? is this true?? I wouldn't want Nikon L110 if it has this problem and doesn't offer not so good picture quality when compared to Sony H55 and Canon SX130 IS.
Furthermore if I have to tick off Nikon L110 due to the reasons mentioned above then which one of the remaining two i.e. Sony H55 and Canon SX130 would you rate high on picture quality... please guide me... I have to decide by today itself due to some constraints... please also consider the Zoom of these 2 models Sony H55 offers 10X zoom while Canon SX130 IS does 12X.
experts are also welcome to share their experiences with the limitations/issues with Sony H55 and Canon SX130 IS.
kindly help.
thanks you so much for all your help!!

Last edited by brijeshtr; Oct 26, 2010 at 3:59 AM. Reason: delete
brijeshtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links