Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 25, 2010, 6:21 PM   #1
Default MegaZoom or Other Camera?

I am looking for a little assistance. I am looking for a camera that has great zoom over 10X optical, a little better picture quality than my little cannon P&S 7.1 MP camera, takes great hd video (instead of carrying a video camera also), can take action shots (my little guy playing baseball, hockey, soccer, etc.) and is easey to use. I am going to Disney World and I want to bring 1 camera for video & pictures.
I noticed last time I went to Disney I never used my video camera because it was a pain to switch back and forth. I also believe this would be true with lense switches with DSLR.
I am thinking the Canon SX30IS would be perfect all round camera but I am looking for anyone elses feedback to see if I am missing something or if I should be looking at some other camera. My budget is $500 or less.
Thank you in advance for your help, it is appreciated.
deweaver99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 25, 2010, 9:57 PM   #2

Canon SX30 is one option; Panasonic FZ100 is another. I think those are the best 2 options within the bridge camera class but you could also look at the offerings from Sony, Fuji, Nikon, etc.
Disclaimer: I take photos of life rather than live to take photos and my opinions of cameras are reflected accordingly.
FiveO is offline   Reply With Quote