Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 26, 2010, 1:50 AM   #1
Default Wich Compact Superzoom?

I know little or nothing about camera's but am looking to upgrade from my Canon Pro-90is. I have been wanting a compact superzoom something like the Panasonic ZS series for a long time, but now Canon, Nikon, Sony, and several others are all making camera's in this class. I don't know how to choose the best one. I want at least a 10 mega-pixel, at least a 10X optical zoom, with image stabilization, HD video capability, faster startup and recovery times than my Pro-90, good auto mode, quick auto focus, a good flash and/or low light performance, and good battery life, preferably with inexpensive, comonly available batteries, and I want it all to fit in my shirt pocket !!! That's not asking for too much is it? They all seem to cost about the same give or take $100, and are within my budget range, so wich one is Best?
JDBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 26, 2010, 2:30 AM   #2

Hi what I would do is write down a things you want in a camera and then see what cameras fit that. Next set a budget, and then look at what cameras give you what I call extra value. You should then have a short list to go to a shop and look and feel them see how comfortable they are
wave01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2010, 6:36 AM   #3

The Panasonic ZS7 covers everything except low light, but can do that as well if the indoor shots have good lighting...the flash is only good for a few feet...

The S95 covers everything except 10X Zoom you require but does well in low light...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote