Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 4, 2010, 3:24 AM   #1
Default First camera

Hello guys, this is my first post on this forum and I am here to ask for your help.

I need to buy a camera within 21/11 and i have a budget between 150-180.
The prevalent use of the camera will be on outside (landscapes, monuments, etc.), but also macro, inside buildings (more or less enlightened) and the usual portraits and family photos indoors (not much indeed).
Plus are HD video recordings with sound (even without dedicated HDMI output) and the use normal rechargeable AA batteries.

I've seen the Canon PowerShot SX130IS (HD videos+AA batteries) and the Fuji F70EXR/F80EXR (proprietary battery, no HD videos on the F70 but a more compact camera)

I'm very undecided about these cameras (or others i have not considered) so any help would be very appreciated.
Which of these cameras makes the best photos? And HD videos? (assuming to compare SX130 with F80EXR)
3IOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 4, 2010, 5:17 AM   #2

Also look at what Samsung has to offer. Often you'll get more bang for your buck. If it was I I'd budget a bit more for a Samsung TL500.
A pretty amazing camera for the money. Or the Canon S95 looks really impressive too. The Samsung has a slightly faster lens.
The Panasonic Lumix LX5 is also impressive.
I wouldn't want a camera using AA batteries.
Pentax, Panasonic, Casio and Olympus also have excellent budget cameras depending where and when you buy.

Google reviews for individual models.

Last edited by Alex 1.0; Nov 4, 2010 at 5:39 AM.
Alex 1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote