Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 15, 2010, 11:31 AM   #61

All i can do is compare specs, just like you. Build quality is the same for all the potential cameras you are looking at. I have only owned the pentax k-r, and from that experience it has surpassed my expectations.
You need to make your own decision now, lol. In this thread, you have loads and loads of information given to you, but really its about specs, and what you are looking for. There isn't really anything anyone can add at this point.
You're waiting for christmas discounts (which i dont think will be very good) before you buy. So you have 2 or so weeks to make a decision.
ewheeler20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2010, 9:35 PM   #62

There is always the Olympus alternative! Like the E620 with a two kit lenses giving you between 28mm to 300 mm of coverage and IS (Internal Stabilization ... in this case in the body itself) for ~$700 (i.e. http://www.amazon.com/Olympus-Digita.../dp/B001TXKQBK).

With a kit like this one, you even have enough room to get a good tripod, a couple of filters and a fast memory card!

More info: http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/43/e620.html

folob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2010, 9:10 AM   #63

Thank U Folob and ewheeler20, actually I am looking for the best possible option in the current dslr models regardless of video capability/quality. I actually held a D90 but it was too bulky and heavy.I don't have any store here where the rest of them could b actually handled.I had almost made up my mind on the k-r/t2i with 2kit lenses but then somebody suggested a Sony A580/560. I just want an xcellent overall IQ camera,easy to use, which would nt require replacement in the near future(at least 3 yrs) ,and isn't bulky,a smallish sized dslr if possible. I would prob nt go beyond the kit lenses.

Last edited by Fayyaz; Jan 4, 2011 at 3:28 PM.
Fayyaz is offline   Reply With Quote