Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 27, 2010, 8:32 AM   #1
Default Kodak M580 vs Cannon PS 1300 IS

I am looking for a pocket sized, point and shoot, that produces crisp images with little to no noise or blur in regular lighting, but will also produce good quality images in lower light situations, such as capturing my child on stage in programs at school. I would also like a camera that would produce actions shots without much blur. I would like video capability, but the image on the video is not as important to me. I am also looking to stay under $150.
I am currently debating between the Kodak M580 and Cannon SD 1300 or 1400 IS, but am open to other recommendations that meet my wants. I am leaning toward Cannon, but am not fully set on my decision. My current camera is a Kodak Easyshare z760, which I have loved for 5 years, but it has let me down in lower light. Other than low light, the pictures are great, but, with time, the battery life has declined, and it is quite bulky to carry in my pocket. I have not been able to get pictures during 2 of my daughter's programs at school. The images were so dark and grainy that the children were unrecognizable, and with the noise, photoshop was not helpful. It also took terrbile pics during lower light at my cousin's wedding. I failed to capture the events and I want a camera that will never let that happen again. Another aspect of my current Kodak is the lag speed. It is not bad, but having an uncooperative toddler, makes any lag speed frustrating.
I am looking to make my purchase soon, since I am current using an Olympus FE-20, which is HORRIBLE, but it was free.
I really appreciate any suggestions and input!
crswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links