Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 10, 2010, 10:03 PM   #1
Default Nightclub photography

I want to start a Nightclub photography but my budged is 400 Euro and i was thinking that maybe some one can help me pick a good camera.

I was thinking to buy a Fujifilm Finepix HS10

Paulenco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 11, 2010, 4:58 AM   #2

Canon S95 for P&S with f/2.0 lens on wide end...I don't think the HS10 can handle it, but I never tried it in that kind of setting, it doesn't focus well without good light...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2010, 5:13 AM   #3

realistically for good nightclub shots you want a camera you can use on manual settings

you need a longish exposure so the bakground isn't completely black then you need a flash to light and freeze the action on the people you shooting - backgrouns will be blurred but is a cool look - also autofocus is gonna be pretty useless so you'll want to simply set manual focus for an aprox distance you shooting you subjects from - give yourself a reasonble smaller aperture so there is enough dof of feild that focus isn't critical

not sure what p&s will let you manual focus but think pretty much all entry level dslr should be upto the job
Pentax-DA 12-24mm f4 | Pentax-DA* 16-50mm f2.8 | Pentax-A 50mm f1.4 | Tamron 90mm f2.8 Macro | Pentax-DA* 60-250mm f4 | Sigma 150-500mm
Pentax Photo Gallery
John.Pattullo is offline   Reply With Quote