Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 26, 2010, 9:42 AM   #1
Default Need Help & Constructive Opinions in choosing the Best Camera for me.

Hi guys,
I am REALLY stuck. Christmas brought around a whole new dilemma for me.
I have been given as a gift from my Boyfriend and Mum an Olympus Tough 8010 and I have been given the option to change my mind. I am partial to both the Olympus and the Lumix DMC F2 they are nearly the exact same except for as I've been reading the Optical Zoom, weight and slight image quality. I am really stuck on which of these 2 cameras to choose and better yet whether I should stick with a tough camera. I am clumsy but also because I'm travelling and it wil be in quite rugged areas but I don't to compromise picture quality just because I'm unco-ordinated. I would have liked a better optical zoom but considering I probably need something quite durable. I would like to keep the choices with in the LUMIX or Olympus range/brands and I need real opinions.
I would really appreciate anyones help in this.
evanell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 26, 2010, 11:01 AM   #2

I'm partial to the Panasonic but none of the tough cameras are quite up to snuff with their regular counterparts. Try it out and if you're happy with the results, keep it.
Disclaimer: I take photos of life rather than live to take photos and my opinions of cameras are reflected accordingly.
FiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2010, 1:43 PM   #3

I travel around the world with the Panasonic ZS7...can't beat it...great camera...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2010, 9:36 PM   #4

Keep the 8010. I have the 1050SW from Olympus and it works very well for me. Had it since October 2009, using in water, underwater a few feet, in the rain, in the snow etc. It always does a great job for me. What you loose in long zoom you make up for in rough use capabilities with it. Just get some spare batteries as the only down side is battery life isn't forever........ I keep an 8GB card in mine.

Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote