Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 13, 2011, 11:02 PM   #1
Default Olympus tough 3000 opinions?

Found a Tough 3000 for $130 at a local Sam's Club.

I'm not going to be scuba diving or playing rugby with it, but I use a camera on the job and take the kids on a float trip every now and again. Any opinions on image quality?

Reason I'm asking is I picked up cheap Canon to use on the job and I got what I paid for. It will probably become my backup camera.

I can pick up a Canon SX130 for $180, and I think it would be a good all around work camera to keep in the truck, and I could just be careful with it (and not take it down any rivers). However, if the Tough 3000 is a tolerable camera (image quality, battery life, etc), I might pick it up for its durability.

Thanks for your opinions.
Luke Stepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 13, 2011, 11:17 PM   #2

For what it is worth I have an Olymps 1050SW which I got around October 2009. I use in the rain, around water being sprayed with the local fire department as well when it is very cold outside. Its also a camera I can carry in my jacket pocket when I need my hands for other things but also need to grab pictures. The Olympus camera has worked out very wel for me. I figures i have take at least 10,000 images with it. It is a great camera and have never let me down. Whatever camera you get I sould suggest you get an extra battery as the battery in my 1050SW doesn't last as long as I shoot sometimes. I have not had a chance to use any of the newer Olympus tough/weatherproof cameras as for what I need what I have works for me. I would try out the camera in the store and see if works in your hands and you like the zoom. If you do then get the camera, try out the image quality for a day or two and then your find yourself using the camera all the time in all kinds of weather, situations etc.

Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote