Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 16, 2011, 6:28 AM   #1
Default Not liking Canon S5 IS. Change to SX120 or SX130 or Sony H55?

So I had bought the Z915. I sold the camera off because it was slow, and the macro mode was terrible.

I now got the Canon S5 IS .. a little bit used. I love how fast the camera is, and the video is one of the best I've seen.. including sound.. better than the handycams my family has. The trouble is in low light the camera has ALOT of noise.. to a point where it's intolerable. I'm confused about what to do. I don't think I want to get a dSLR because of the size and the fact that it can't record good video... and is very expensive. The maximum I can get is a Canon 300D used.

I got this camera for 16,000 Rupees. I can change the camera and get an SX120 IS for 17,000 rupees and SX130 IS for 21,000 and Sony H55 for Rs. 19,000.What camera will give me a good macro mode? What will get me the best video for a concert recording? which will be the best for concert photos? What camere will take the BEST shots in low light with no flash? Should I just keep the Canon S5 IS? I need manual options to play with.

I'm confused about what to do. Help needed and fast. Thank you.

Last edited by Jozurr; Feb 16, 2011 at 2:15 PM.
Jozurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 16, 2011, 10:16 AM   #2

Bump. Help needed
Jozurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2011, 2:00 AM   #3

the z915 isn't a canon at all - it's a kodak, and considering its low price, i think it does a great job.

you're not really in the price range for great low light no-flash photos at a distance in addition to macro mode. the SX130 might be the best of the cameras you list as far as videos go, and that little extra zoom couldn't hurt if you're not very close to the stage. they also deliver HD video. that being said, don't expect great pics or low light performance from these cameras.

btw, some dslr's do great video and good quality low light pics.
pcake is offline   Reply With Quote