Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 26, 2011, 10:01 PM   #1
Default ~$100 point and shoot for a mom?

Hi all. My fiance's sister is in the market for a new digital camera, and only wants to spend about $100. I, unfortunately have not kept up with the point and shoot segment since buying my T2i last year, and as such am woefully behind the times in the smaller cameras.

I used to be a big fan of the Canon point and shoots (and still happily use a SD770is when my T2i is just too much to lug), are those (even at a lower price level) still a sure bet?

Basically I think she'll just be snapping candids for saving on her computer and possibly small prints. She has two toddlers which will assuredly be the focus of 98% of the pictures.

I'm pretty much open to your recommendations, as people around here have always been great in the DSLR information.
cjp87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 26, 2011, 10:39 PM   #2

The best buy both for price and image quality is the Canon A3000 that walmart has on sale through the end of the month for $79.00. We purchased one for a teen aged niece and I could not resist "trying it out" a bit before I wrapped it.

I found it to be quite good and even capable of some existing light photos. It has a well powered built-in flash unit and it is a very good value for $79.00.

I have attached an A3000 photo sample for you.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote