Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 31, 2011, 9:09 AM   #11

So you want to take photos of professional players during training, create a collage and try to sell the collages?

What country do you live in?

You may find that you are not legally able to do what you want to do. But that will vary by country/league. For example, in the USA, the major sports leagues (NFL/NBA/MLB) all have copyrights in place that prevent a fan from selling a print to another fan. You can take photos - you just can't sell them without express consent of the league (of course the league gives consent to credentialed photographers for the client they are providing the credential for).

So, what country and what league?
Are you expecting that the team or league will be hiring you? Or are you just a fan and are hoping to take these photos and sell the images to other fans? Media outlets aren't typically interested in collages they want stock images of players and game images.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2011, 9:41 AM   #12

agree with you

my collages will be only sold for charity money. but in return any shots my club like they will use i need 15 images published get Media Accreditation my local pro club will help me out lower league football
hot rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2011, 2:31 PM   #13

I'd go all used.

Canon 40D - $500
Canon 85/1.8 - $350
Canon 55-250 IS - $200

$1050 US
DeMiRo is offline   Reply With Quote