Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 23, 2011, 4:00 AM   #1
Default Camera for Mom

I'm looking for a digital camera that my mother can use. She's basically afraid of technology. It's been a long struggle to get her to use email, and she can only do that if everything goes right.

I gave her my old Canon G2 a couple years ago but the furthest she's gotten with it is to charge the battery, and my niece helped her with that. Removing the memory card to transfer pictures to the computer would be too big a challenge. I've tried to talk her through taking photos and doing the transfer, but she forgets whatever I've taught her within minutes. To complicate things, we live 1500 miles apart.

I'd like to get her a camera for Mother's Day, hopefully something extremely easy to use, with big buttons and not a lot of fancy modes that will just confuse her. It also needs to be very easy to transfer pictures to the computer.

I've done a little searching and shopping. It looks like one of the Kodak Easy Share cameras would be the best bet from what I've seen.

Mom is almost 85. Ease of use, from turning it on, to taking pictures, to getting the pictures on to the computer and into email is by far the number one priority. Can anyone make a recommendation?
Patchmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 24, 2011, 9:33 AM   #2

The Kodak Z950 would be an ideal choice for your Mom. It is very easy to use and even capable of a bit of photo finishing in the camera called "Perfect Touch" imaging.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote