Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 13, 2011, 7:55 PM   #1
Default Bought D5100 now extended war or not + what lens please

Bought D5100 Now which lens + Extended War or not ?

After HOURS of research and 3 AM mornings trying to decide B/T a D5100 - T3i - D7000 or 60D I purchased the D5100. It came down to that it seems to be that the D5100 is a better camera for someone who wants to take pictures while the T3i may be a better choice for someone who wants to also use a CAMERA as a CAMCORDER. The D5100 over the D7000 or 60D both great cameras left me some money to buy a lens.

I never really take pictures far away but like the fact that if I did I would have the right lens. Usually its at a dinner, or an event or groups of people, pets etc. Cars, full moons, some landscapes with mountains.

So. Tamron's new 18 - 270 ? OR Nikon's 18 - 200 ? OR Nikon's 16 - 85 ? Many sites could not prise the Tamron enough. Some scores it much higher than the Nikon 18 200 except for build quality price or " chromatic aberations".

After fooling around with all 3 for about 2 hours the Nikons definately have a more quality look - feel - texture and the lens focal movement is more smooth and possibly accurate. But the Nikons are more expensive.

So do I need to buy the EXTENDED WARRANTY ? and which lens do I get.

All assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
go2shh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 15, 2011, 12:15 PM   #2

Morning, I would think that you would get a better response if you posted this down in the Nikon DSLR area. You are asking specific Nikon questions, and the folks down there would have the best information for you....

interested_observer is offline   Reply With Quote