Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 18, 2011, 8:09 PM   #1
Default Inexpensive camera for kids

I'm looking for an inexpensive but decent camera for my daughters, ages 9 and 12. I'd prefer to spend not much more than $100 per camera. I want them to take SD cards. I know they would like them to be colorful too (the body of the camera). Are there any out there that fit the bill? Brand really doesn't matter in this case.
john7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 23, 2011, 9:58 AM   #2

For kids, I would go for something like the Fuji Finepix XP10. If you shop around you should be able to find it for around $90-100. Is is Shockproof (1m), waterproof (3m), freezeproof (15 degrees) and dustproof. It shoots 12mp images and 720p video. If you check out the video on youtube, it's pretty decent actually--with bright colors and its smoother than many more expensive cameras out there. The images aren't bad either. I think a lot of non-shutterbug consumers would be very happy with the picture and video quality on this camera. It is far from perfect--it has fringing, a bit of fish eye effect etc. I wouldn't use this to print 8x10's, but for posting pictures on facebook and printing out smaller size pictures on an inkjet photoprinter, it's great. Plus if it's pretty indestructible for kids and, if they break, it was only $90. Good luck
set2374 is offline   Reply With Quote