Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 30, 2011, 8:51 AM   #1
Default Sony A33

I've been saving for a DSLR for over a year now and came across this deal on Craigslist. Sony A33 with sal18-55, sal55-200/2, and a 32gb memory card for $600. I offered $525 and he accepted. Camera was bought in March and seller has all receipts. I've been saving for the A580 and should have the funds to purchase in the next month or so. Camera will be used for shooting kids, family, and sports. I know this is a really good deal but with the SLT being such a new technology I'm really on the fence about this one.......sooooo what should I do??
boltfan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 30, 2011, 11:39 AM   #2

That's a nice price for a slightly used kit. The 55-200 might be short for sports, and too dim for indoor sports, but with the money you save with this deal, you could afford to suppliment your kit to fill in the gaps.

If you're not familiar with the SLTs, you might not be aware that they're small (so you may have trouble handling it) and the battery life isn't as good as Sony's dSLRs (so you might need a spare). Also Sony doesn't make a vertical grip for the SLTs.

I suggest you try it on for size. If you can't comfortably hold it, if you can't find the controls and commands when you need them, you'll miss shots and be dissatisfied with the camera.
  • The lens is the thing.
  • 'Full Frame' is the new 'Medium Format'.
  • "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote