Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 7, 2011, 1:32 AM   #1
Default D7000, d5100 or 60d???? Help!

I have the money for either a D7000 ( possibly a D5100.. ) or a 60D (7D too heavy with similar image quality) and I have been having a devil of a time deciding. I would like to get a 5D MIII but that looks a long way off.

Can either the D7000 or the 60D deliver high quality image (RAW) files to print up to 20 X 30 un-cropped or is that stretching it? I have zero interest in video with a still camera even though that seems to be all the rage today...

Anyone care to give me some much needed guidance? Anyone here used both and can Cnad C? read all the reviews but it's users who really know.
hassiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 7, 2011, 9:03 AM   #2

Yes either can print good large quality prints. The rest is how the camera feels to you and what you take pictures of
wave01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2011, 9:11 AM   #3

The Nikon D7000 and the Canon 60D are both excellent cameras, and should give you excellent results.

I think your choice should come down to this: Can you get the lenses you need to take the kinds of photos you want of the subjects you intend to shoot? Since Canon and Nikon both have excellent selections of lenses, I think either would serve you well.

At this level, what matters most is how the camera feels to you. If you can't comfortably hold it, if you can't find the controls and commands when you need them, you'll be disappointed with the camera. So, go to a good camera store that has both, and try them out.
  • The lens is the thing.
  • 'Full Frame' is the new 'Medium Format'.
  • "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote