Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 12, 2011, 8:40 PM   #1
Default What waterproof cam?

Hey, I am looking for a waterproof camera. I am into outdoors stuff such as surfing and beach and would rather get a waterproof camera rather than 2 separate ones. I know image quality is less than nonwaterproof cams. The store by me has 4 models, and I need help picking what is the best among these.

Fujifilm XP20 (also has XP10) for $195
Olympus TG-310 (comes with case and floatable strap) for $190
Casio (EX-G1) $230
Sony DSC-TX10 $325

Its been many many years since I have bought a digital camera so I am not educated on all of the specs. My old camera is a canon 4MP if that says anything. I heard the Casio EX-G1 is somewhat dated and might be one of the poorest out there. I am completely clueless on the others, I know they all have folding mirrors.

I am not really worried about MP, as from what I have heard you cant really tell the difference between 12 to 14 anyway. A moderate zoom would be nice, but doesnt have to be a super zoom. Faster action would be nice for surfing, or even taking pictures of my dog going about the yard. HD video would be pretty cool.

Thanks for the help
goldenjmu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 13, 2011, 10:27 PM   #2

Get a waterproof case from ebay! They are good quality and you can use a non-waterproof camera in them.
miami photographer is offline   Reply With Quote