Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 8, 2011, 10:29 PM   #1
Default Looking for a great life proof camera

Looking for a great durable camera that will get wet, get dirty, be dropped, go on vacactions, you name it. Important things for me of course is that it can with stand the busy life of a mom with 2 boys, who love to be outdoors. I also need one with a great battery life, and great turn around time between pics. Can stand a slow camera that dies quickly.

Last edited by sapro11; Jul 10, 2011 at 6:17 PM.
sapro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 16, 2011, 12:32 PM   #2

You might want to take a look at the Olympus TG-310, TG-610 or TG-810, other companies also make these waterproof cameras such as Fuji, Panasonic, Pentax and Canon.

Somethings you give up are . . . zoom range (on some models), perhaps speed, and potentially low light performance.

But these things can go under water, work in cold "winter" weather, are dust-proof and are more durable. (They advertise these things being able to survive from a 4-5 ft drop.)

I got the Fuji XP10 and have a lot of fun with it. I can go out into the water at the beach to take pictures of my girls and not worry about the camera getting wet. I've taken my other cameras out skiing and they just stop working. These just keeps going. And even when its raining, I don't have to worry about getting the camera wet when I try and grab that snapshot.

As for battery life, they are pretty good. But you can keep the fun going by getting an extra battery and having it charged and in your camera bag so that when they 1st runs out, you just swap out then.
tacticdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote