Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 3, 2011, 7:18 AM   #1
Default Canon P+S suggestions that use AA batteries?

My well loved A80 I am afraid is on the downhill slide. They fixed the loose lens about a year and a half ago and now the zoom and shutter is sticking.
Even though it was a 4 mp it took great photos with the 1/1.8 ccd

So now I am forced to look for a new camera. I have been out of the loop for a while and have no clue what's out there.

I have a Vizia HFS100 which I am now using for a camera but it's a big big to drag around all the time.

I would like to go Canon again as I have years of photos and I love the zoom browser software for the pics. It does everything I like.

I need a camera with AA batteries if at all possible.

So far I found the SX130 IS ... Is that about the best bet for me to get? Will the pics be as good as my old 1/1.8 ccd powershot?

Thank you for any help you can give me.
Bobkatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 3, 2011, 12:34 PM   #2

Check out the PowerShot.
JeannieBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2011, 5:00 PM   #3
Location: north eastern Michigan in a cedar swamp with DH and Luna and Ziggy

I spent a few days looking for p&s's with AA batteries. And in terms of reviews the only one I am considering is the SX130. Panasonic is coming out with one in November called the LS5, but that's all I found. Though I haven't delved deeply into many of the other brands. If you find something else worthwhile to look at, please post it.
MIMudPuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2011, 6:20 PM   #4

The SX130 is a very good cam and the pics will likely be as good as your older cam in good lighting. You will almost surely notice a difference in low light performance, but the SX130 does pretty well at higher ISOs for a 1/2.3" sensor cam.
Disclaimer: I take photos of life rather than live to take photos and my opinions of cameras are reflected accordingly.
FiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2011, 4:51 PM   #5

I've had my sx130 for about 9 months and love it. I'm headed out the door now but will post some samples later tonight. I'm a Minolta/Sony guy for DSLR and film but find myself using the sx130 most often--by alot.

3puttpar is offline   Reply With Quote