Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 16, 2011, 5:41 AM   #1
Default best image quality for outdoor and indoor

Dear all,
Please accept my warm regards.

I am enjoying my FZ35. But sometimes the indoor pictures are really noisy. Its already one year since i bought it. I belive now i want a camera with bigger sensor . Which one would you recommend for big sensor camera? I would use it for family photos and outdoor. I want to use them when i travel abroad.Picture quality is something i adore. and otherwise i keep repenting for poor quality later on.
Will you suggest me to replace fz35 with fz 100?
Should i buy a travel zoom with good cmos?
should i buy a lightweight dslr?

I am not able to see clear posts with strog recommendations. I would request senior members to please take interest in my problem and guide me furhter.

Thanks a million
With my warm regards for everybody.
KrishnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 16, 2011, 7:42 AM   #2

The IQ of the FZ100 is worse for the indoors and beyond ISO400,in fact the FZ35 is way better.I would suggest the LX5,but it only covers 24-90mm.Has a fast F2 lens and is the current best in its class.You can get 18mm wide angle accessory for it (to be purchased separately).The IQ rivals that of an entry-level DSLR. your other option is a DSLR with a fast prime and the kit zoom.Keep the FZ35 it is unbeatable,complement it with the LX5....Hope that helps.
wanaclick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2011, 7:57 AM   #3

What types of indoor photos? If it's family photos, the best way to improve the quality is to get a camera with a hot shoe and use an external flash bounced off the ceiling. There are simply too many negative things that impact image quality when tying to use available light indoors - which is why wedding and event photographers use flash. Available light portraits are very nice. And in some instances like museums or similar it is essential. But if you're talking family photos - an external flash is the best quality improvement you're going to see.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2011, 11:41 AM   #4

I think the best low light compact camera at this time is the the Olympus XZ-1. I replaced my FZ-35 with this camera two weeks ago, and have found that its low light performance is extremely good. Image quality is very impressive. It is also a handier size than the FZ-35. I personally found the long zoom lens to be a feature that I did not use as much as I had expected to.

I have some recent XZ-1 photos posted in the Olympus forum if you're interested.
Ajka is offline   Reply With Quote