Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 5, 2011, 1:51 PM   #1
Default which camera among these ?

which wud be better
canon 220 hs
or sony cybershot DSC WX7

the 16 megapix is overkill for us
but we want good video
best image quality
good performance in lowlight and fast moving kids
wilth great image stabilisation and macro mode
seems both have alot of modes

whihcof these 2 wud be best for my needs
again image quality is given number one importance !
questkl34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 6, 2011, 6:30 PM   #2
Default Have you looked a the Panasonic LX5?

Well after looking at reviews ( here at Steve's, DPreview.com, www.imaging-resource.com,.photographyblog.com, cnet.com, dcresource.com, www.trustedreviews.com, www.infosyncworld.com,etc.... to name a few ) and handling the camera at several camera shops Ive order the the panasonic LX5 on Amazon . For my needs the LX5 is a excellent combination of high quality fast f2.0 leica 28-90 zoom lens that produces excellent quality raw+jpeg stills and excellent 720p video, in a compact take everywhere package. If you look at the test images posted the LX5 crushes the Sony terms of still image quality and at least to my eyes LX5 does a better job with still images than the canon 220hs but not by as wide a margin . Look at the sample images on variety of review sites and you'll see LX5 is one of the best ccd sensor camera's on the market. Is the LX5 better than still image camera than Canon G12 or Nikon p7000 for me it's too close to call , it's compact take everywhere size and superior video that sold me on the Panasonic LX5. I can understand if you want the great zoom of 220hs . I have a Panasonic tz 5 which I like but, it does not take the clean sharp images like my older Olympus c5050 with it's fast f1.8 lens. So hopefully LX5 will be the answer. My go to take everywhere camera for next few years. If not it's back to Amazon before the 30 days are up.
bob1xxx is offline   Reply With Quote