Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 22, 2011, 3:13 PM   #11
Super Moderator

I don't understand paying the high price for something that isn't rechargeable. If the camera is AA then get some good hybrid batteries, long lasting and rechargeable when you do have power, or buy branded or 3rd party battery packs if the camera doesn't take AAs.
Any problems with a post or thread please use the report button at the bottom left of the post and the team will help sort it out.

Have fun everyone!

See what I'm up to visit my Plymouth Wedding Photography
site or go to my blog.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2011, 3:41 PM   #12

3rd party battery packs are not an option for some brands, as they chip and the 3rd party packs do not work.

There is a place for everything. Lithium AA has very long shelf live and long life in the camera. Some like that option when traveling. My brother does the backpacking things, he has eneloops rechargeable AA, but keeps a pack or 2 of Lithium when he can not fine power to recharge. It is an option for some users.
Super Frequent Flyer, no joke. Ex Patriot and loving it.
Canon Eos 60D, T1i/500D, Eos1, Eos 630, Olympus EPL-1, and a part time Pentax K-X shooter.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2011, 3:44 AM   #13

Here's my view AA won't last that long my canon charges in about three hours takes 300 or more pictures. Recharable AA batteries can take 8hours to charge. Answer get another canon battery it best option IMHO
wave01 is offline   Reply With Quote